Distance Selling Regulations
- If you are contracting with us as a consumer online or by phone and do not visit our dealership at any point during the transaction process, or your contract with us is concluded or substantially negotiated at your home or somewhere other than our dealership, you have the right to cancel (under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013), all or part of your contract at any time up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the vehicle you ordered.
- Your right to return the vehicle under this clause 14 does not apply to vehicles made to your specification, that is, where modifications have been made to the vehicle at your request which occur after the vehicle leave the manufacturer’s factory.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation this clause 14, you are obliged to retain possession of the vehicle and take reasonable care of it until collection/return to us. We will not be obliged to refund the purchase price of any Vehicles damaged by you, but may at our election offer to refund the purchase price subject to a deduction for the damage sustained.
- You can cancel by email: email@example.com, or by telephone: customer service team at 01702 563 030, or write to: Service House, West Mayne, Basildon, Essex, SS15 6RW. You must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address. If the vehicle has been funded by a finance provider, you should ensure that you also give notice to that third-party funder to cancel the finance arrangements.
- If you decide to cancel in accordance with this clause 14, you should return the vehicle to us at one of our dealerships at your own cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to vehicles to which cancellation rights apply. Alternatively, if you wish us to collect the vehicle, we will do so subject to payment of an agreed collection fee. We will reimburse delivery charges made (if any).
- We will make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any vehicles supplied, based on any additional mileage greater than 50 miles after receipt at £1.50 per mile + vat. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any vehicles supplied or, if earlier, the date you supply evidence to us that you have sent the vehicle, together with all keys and documentation, back to us. Refunds will be made by cheque or direct bank transfer to the same account as the purchase price was paid from. Refunds will not be paid in cash. If you direct us to settle your finance (if applicable) on the vehicle, we will refund the required sum (providing the refund is sufficient for this purpose) and return to you any surplus funds.
- If you exercise your right to cancel the vehicle within the 14 day period and have sold a used vehicle to us as part exchange for the vehicle, we may at our discretion either refund the sum attributed to the part exchange vehicle at the time the agreement was entered into or return the part exchange vehicle to you, if it remains available. Where the part exchange vehicle has been subject to repairs by us, you will be required to pay to us the cost of the repairs if you wish to retain the part exchange vehicle.
- If you have sold us a used vehicle as part exchange on an acquisition made online or by phone and the part exchange vehicle upon delivery or collection is not as described we may either revalue the vehicle and proceed with the sale based upon the revised valuation, or refund any deposit paid less any reasonable costs we have incurred. If the vehicle you are purchasing is not as described we will give you back your deposit plus any costs you have incurred.
Toomey Motor Group Distance Selling Regulations